Did you know that every year, Leroy Hibbert, our Multicultural Outreach Program Coordinator hosts a Video Contest to commemorate March 21st, the International Day for Elimination of Racial Discrimination?
Each year a different theme is chosen to help guide the different schools or group wanting to participate in creating a video and the videos are judged based on effectiveness and creativity in expressing the contest's theme.
The theme of this year's contest is "PICTURE THIS NO MORE RACISM"
- Originality of Work: We understand that there is so many creative ideas out there to use, however we want YOUR IDEAS!
- Video Length: We kindly ask that videos are kept at a MAXIMUM of 2 Minutes (Including Credits).
- All Entries MUST be Uploaded to Youtube: This allows everyone on the judging committee to be able to access the videos equally. The Heading subject MUST also be "2024 PICTURE THIS NO MORE RACISM".
- Appropriate Content: Videos will not considered if the images, tone or theme are deemed inappropriate.
- Videos Due Date: Videos must be submitted by Friday, March 1, 2024 at 5PM. Works in progress will not be accepted.
- Submission in Different Languages: We accept and encourage submissions in English, French, Newcomer and/or Indigenous languages. However, submissions made in languages other than English MUST include English Subtitles.
- Age Limit: To enter and be eligible to win participants must be 19 years old or younger, be a full time student and has the consent of their parent(s) or guardian (if not reached 19 years of age.) Prizes are subject to change without notification and must be accepted as awarded. No substitutions will be made.
- Video Rights: By submitting your video, the entrants hereby grant LUSO Community Services the following: non-exclusive, irrevocable rights to use and display the names, voices, photographs, likenesses and biographies of the entrants for use in advertising, publicizing and promoting the Work in any media.
- Credits: By submitting your video to LUSO Community Services, you must credit the music artist being used in your video.
- Decisions are Final: The decision of the Judges and Selection Committee is final.
For more information and details on the contest, please click the link here, or contact Leroy Hibbert at leroy [at] lusocentre.org (leroy[at]lusocentre[dot]org).