A community where everyone feels a sense of belonging, acceptance, and value.
Fostering inclusiveness and well-being through the delivery of compassionate, responsive programs and services for individuals experiencing adversity.
- We value diversity and voices of people who shape our community.
- We respect the inherent dignity of every person with whom we connect.
- We inspire action and commitment towards the community we serve.
- We deliver programs and services in a collaborative, coordinated and accountable manner.
- We are creative, innovative and strive for excellence in everything we do.
LUSO Community Services was originally formed in 1979 as Portuguese Community Services. At the time, the focus was to assist Portuguese immigrants to integrate into the Canadian socio-political and cultural environment. Today, as a multicultural neighbourhood resource centre, we provide a variety of programs and services to children, youth and families regardless of their background. We operate using a community development approach, and focus on initiatives that strengthen our community, build capacity, and are responsive to emergent needs.
LUSO prides itself on the vast partnerships it has to ensure that programs and services are effective, collaborative, maximize resources and have the best possible outcome for those accessing them. Partnerships with other social service agencies, as well as active involvement in local community networks ensures that LUSO can continue to respond to community needs. Key networks that LUSO is proud to be an active member of includes: